Friday, October 28, 2005

a new friend

my new friend denise confuses me. now, it's not really HER that confuses me. . . it's the fact that i'm friends with her. I'm going to see if i can explain this. When i was younger i was made fun of by the "cool" people. YOu know who i'm talking about. The people who always dress nice and always have their hair done and wear makeup and are just girly girls. . . I am the antithesis of girly girl. . . I am a tomboy through and through. Always have been, always will be. Unfortunatly, i became prejedice against people who always seem to look good and have a smile on their face. Half of it is jealousy (only the smile on the face. i'm very content with my t-shirt and jeans look) and the other half is just leftover feelings from high school. I think my friendship with denise confuses me because i am human and judge people by how the look and act. Had denise not been super friendly and open and loving to me, i probably would have grown bitter towards her because she seems (note the word seems. i know NO ONE is actually put together. . .) so put together and just right with God. although this friendship confuses me, i think it is ver ygood for me. It's helping me break stereotypes i have ingrained in my mind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to interact with all kinds of people if you want to break the stereotypes that you've conveniently believed. I think that your friendship with Denise will probably help you in this field.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home